Water-SCRUM-fall is a concept I have discussed at length in my earlier blog post on the same topic. DevOps is a movement that addresses some of the key challenges brought about by water-SCRUM-fall. I wrote a post for IBM’s Invisible Thread blog on DeveloperWorks on how DevOps can be leveraged and its principles applied to address these challenges that water-SCRUM-fall brings to our development and operations worlds.
The three principles of DevOps I discuss in the full blog post are:
- Develop and test against a production-like system
- Deploy frequently
- Continuously validate operational quality characteristics
Read the full post: Leveraging DevOps in a ‘water-SCRUM-fall’ world
Follow this blog and follow me on Twitter to get future updates.
- Understanding DevOps – Part 1: Defining DevOps
- Understanding DevOps – Part 2: Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Understanding DevOps – Part 3: The Battle of Dev vs Ops
- Understanding DevOps – Part 4: Continuous Testing and Continuous Monitoring
- What is Water-SCRUM-Fall?
- Best Practices of Mobile DevOps
19 Comments Add yours